Libre Hosting - Our Technology
KVM's advantages over other virtualization technologies include:
- The Linux KVM hypervisor is built into the Linux kernel and uses the full range of hardware virtualization support. In contrast, Xen and VMWare run external hypervisors. In addition, VMWare is also proprietary and not open source.
- KVM has better and more accessible meta/control access points, such as the Monitor facility and the built-in VNC
- KVM, because it is built on QEMU, supports a vastly greater list of machines that it can virtualize - we have plans to support a far greater array of them than the basic x86 and x86-64. Watch this space.
- KVM is built into the linux kernel, and therefore far more simple and elegant than other solutions, and can be manipulated and administered with standard Linux tools - including the Linux scheduler, memory management, backup, metrics/tracking, etc.
- KVM is Open Source, and has no ties or dependencies on other companies or entities which may compromise or negatively influence its future technical direction (think Xen / Citrix / Microsoft, for example).
We believe the future lies in KVM, so we have built a nice infrastructure around our vPanel technology, which leverages some of the features of KVM. In the future, we plan to support other v12n technologies, include lguest, Xen and the open-source flavors of vmWare.
If you are interested in vhosting, sandboxes, or vServers based on lguest, vmWare, Xen, Parallels, VirtualBox, or any other v12n tech, please drop us a line today and let us know. Our consultants are available for special configurations.